Mr. Jay Johnson
Phone: (979) 845-3242
- IDIS 240 – Introduction to Industrial Distribution
- IDIS 303 – Mechanical Power Transmission
- IDIS 403 – Fluid Power Technology
- IDIS 420 – Electronic Distribution Networks
- FINC 201 – Personal Finance
- FINC 341 – Business Finance
- FINC 371 – Real Estate Decision Making
- FINC 475 – Real Estate Investment Analysis
Jay researches and consults on issues involving sales, pricing, negotiations, customer service, incentive systems, and performance measures. He is particularly interested in how distributors use leadership to align these with the overall strategy of the firm, achieve excellence, and drive profitability and financial value.
- M.B.A. in Finance, Texas A&M University, 2001
- B.S. in Industrial Distribution, Texas A&M University, 1997
Jay has over ten years experience in the electrical and building materials industry, including sales, sales management, and general management. Jay also has experience in the power transmission and fluid power industry. He has participated in research projects in the building materials, electrical, PVF, HVAC, fluid power, and transportation industries. In addition to his work in the classroom, Jay is the Associate Director of the Global Supply Chain Laboratory with primary responsibility for marketing and increasing the awareness of the programs offered within the Lab and the Industrial Distribution Department.