Sales & Marketing Optimization
Best Practices in Sales and Marketing for Distributors
The Sales and Marketing Optimization Research Consortium is a collective effort of the Council for Research on Distributor Best Practices - an entity formed by Texas A&M University and the National Association of Wholesaler Distributors and 19 distribution firms from 7 lines of trade.
Its mission has been to develop and codify best practices in sales and marketing for distributors and test those practices to determine shareholder value.
This new educational program is designed around the following 5-step framework.
Should I attend this program?
If you can relate to one of the following statements, you may want to attend this education program:
- How do I assess our sales and marketing processes against best practices?
- How do I develop structured step-by-step sales processes and assorted metrics, tools & resources?
- How do I evaluate my sales force?
- How do I link the impact of sales strategies to company objectives?
- How do I teach the impact of core and service drain customers on profitability to my sales rep?
- What is the best method of compensating my sales force?
- How do I make my sales and marketing managers see the big picture?
Who should attend?
- C-level executives
- Strategic business managers
- Sales & Marketing Managers
This program will address:
- What is the overall sales and marketing framework - starting from processes to metrics to shareholder value?
- What are the best practices in sales and marketing?
- What are the components of sales force effectiveness? Why and how to link sales force and customer classifications?
- What are the basic components of the sales process and associated tools, metrics, and resources?
- How do you combine science and art aspects of sales and marketing processes?
- How to link sales and marketing processes to shareholder value?
Sales and Marketing Framework
- Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Sales and Marketing Processes
- Process Metrics
- Financial Elements
- Financial Drivers
- Shareholder Value
Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Market Segmentation
- Target Market Selection
- Value Positioning
Sales and Marketing Processes
- Business Development
- Marketing Communications
- Pricing Optimization
- Sales Force Design, Development, and Management
Sales Force Design
- Sales Process
- Sales Force Structure, Size, and Deployment
- Sales Force Compensation
Sales Force Development
- Sales Force Recruitment
- Sales Force Training
- Sales Force Culture
Sales Force Management
- Sales Management
- Sales Force Performance Tools
- Sales Support Tools
Linking Best Practices to Shareholder Value
- Understanding Sales & Marketing Framework
- Sales Force Effectiveness - Best Practices
- Better Cost-to-Serve Management
- Sales Force Compensation Alignment
- Real-World Examples
- Sales & Marketing Framework Map
- Process Assessment Workbook
- Best Practices Bookle