- Go to: https://compass-ssb.tamu.edu/pls/PROD/bwxkwtes.P_TransEquivMain
- If you are a TAMU student looking to take a course at another college, select “Search by TAMU Course” on the left:
- i) Select the subject and course you want to search
- ii) Select the college you want to take the course at, or you may search “ALL colleges in Texas” to view a list of equivalent courses at all Texas colleges
- iii) Click “Search by TAMU Course”
- If you want to determine if a course that you have taken will transfer to TAMU, then select “Search by Sending Institution” on the left
- i) Select the state and college that you are sending the course from
- ii) Select the course you completed at that college
- iii) Click “Get Equivalencies”
Advising & FAQs
Contact for Industrial Distribution Program Advising
To schedule an appointment with an undergraduate academic advisor, please click here.
Main Front Desk Phone: 979-845-4951
Phone: (979) 845-4974
Phone: (979) 845-1675
Phone: (979) 845-4630
Address: Fermier Hall, Room 106
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3367
Fax: (979) 845-4980
To make an appointment please click HERE. Walk-in hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:30-4pm and Wednesdays 9am-11:30am.
- There are no forces available for IDIS classes, once the rooms have been assigned the limits are set. You can watch the classes closely during open registration and during add/drop week as students tend to dramatically change their schedules and spots become available.
- For all other classes that are not ID classes, please contact the relevant departments for possible forces.
- Your registration date is in My Records in Howdy under Registration time assignment.
- Please see the academic calendar for upcoming deadlines.
- For general registration please go to http://registrar.tamu.edu/Courses,-Registration,-Scheduling/Registration-Schedule/Undergraduate
- Student Attribute Restriction:
You need to sign your Lab Safety Acknowledgement each semester in your Howdy.
- Prerequisite and test score error:
If currently enrolled in a prerequisite class outside of A&M, wait until final grades post and send me a screenshot of your passing grade as an attachment and I will do an override to allow you to register while your transcript is being processed by the Registrar’s office. Please note, you still need to send your transcript to the Registrar’s office as per usual, I do the override to save you time.
- For MMET 181 ONLY, you need to email your UIN, name and major to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are currently enrolled in a prerequisite class at A&M, you will still be able to register and this is not the reason you are receiving the error. To determine why you are receiving the error, please click on “Restrictions and Details” for the class. For example, you may have taken MATH 141 or 171 instead of MATH 151, and while we accept it, that is the reason you are getting the error. Please email with the reason for the error, your UIN and the classes you are requesting (not CRN’s) and I will do an override to allow you to register
- Major: Click on restrictions and details. Within ETID, you should only get this error on MMET classes. Choose a section that is for ID students
- Classification: If you’re a Freshman/Sophomore trying to take Junior/Senior level classes, wait until Dec when your hours post and then register.**PLEASE NOTE: If you have an approved override you must still register for the course yourself
- Only the entity that put the hold on your account can remove it. Therefore, if it is a hold placed by student business services, you will need to contact them to have it removed
- If you have a hold as a result of not submitting your degree planner, please do so immediately for approval. Please reference the degree planner tutorial in Howdy if you need assistance completing it
- ENGR 111 will substitute for ENDG 105
- ENGL 203, ENGL 241, and COMM 203 will substitute for ENGL 210 (only if taken before entering the major)
- MGMT 209 will substitute for MGMT 212, however, only MGMT 209 will count for the Business Minor
- ACCT 229 will substitute for ACCT 209
- ECON 203 will substitute for ECON 202
- MATH 141+142 or MATH 171 will count for MATH 151
- STAT 211 will count for the STAT requirement
- The technical elective, directed elective and ID elective cannot double count for each other and are all required for the degree plan
- Often used are:
Western Texas College (http://www.wtc.edu/),
Lone Star College System (http://www.lonestar.edu/),
Dallas County Community College District (https://www.dcccd.edu/Pages/default.aspx), and
Houston Community College System (http://www.hccs.edu/ ).
- Check TAMU course equivalency,
https://compass-ssb.tamu.edu/pls/PROD/bwxkwtes.P_TransEquivMain, for possible transfer courses.
- Do your degree evaluation and then refer to your flowchart (NOT degree planner):
1) Log into https://howdy.tamu.edu
2) Click the “My Record” tab
3) Click “View Degree Evaluation”
4) Select current term (eg: Spring 2016) and submit
5) Click “Generate New Analysis”
6) Select your program, which is “BS IDIS”, and click “Continue”
7) Select “Detail Requirements” and click “Submit”
8) Check the ‘met’ column to see if the requirement is satisfied or not. If you think you have a class in ‘work not applied’ that can be applied, please come and see me with you degree evaluation printed out and I can do possible substitutions for you.
- Once you have pulled your degree evaluation you can compare it to your flowchart to see what classes to take next.
- Please click on restrictions and details and choose a section that is for ID students
- If a section is set to ‘0’ it will most likely not be opening and you need to choose a different section
- Pre-requisites are courses that must be completed prior to taking another course. You MUST complete all pre-requisites before taking a course.
- MATH 151, MATH 152, CHEM 107, CHEM 117, PHYS 218, ENGL 104 and IDIS 240 MUST all be completed with a grade of “C” or better before you will be allowed to take 300 and 400 level IDIS classes
- A “C” or better in ACCT 209*, INFO 209*, MGMT 209*, FINC 409, MGMT 309, MKTG 409
- A minor can be declared any time with your advisor before you apply to graduate
*Indicates courses that are included in the ID degree plan
- Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 30014
College Station, TX 77842-3014
*If you are a degree candidate for the semester in which the transcript is being submitted, please request that your official transcript be sent to:
- Degree Audit
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 30018
College Station, TX 77842-3018
- All graduation information, including dates and times, may be found at http://graduation.tamu.edu/
- We cannot calculate your hours for an Aggie Ring
- All ring information may be found at http://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/
- If you are an Industrial Distribution student, or interested in choosing Industrial Distribution as your major, you may join PAID online at http://paid.tamu.edu/
- For the Industrial Distribution Global Distribution Study Abroad, please go to http://id.tamu.edu/undergraduate/current-students/global-study-abroad-program/
- For other programs, please visit the Study Abroad office or go to http://studyabroad.tamu.edu/
- If you are registered for less than 12 hours you are considered a part-time student.
- This will affect loans, grants and scholarships, please check with the Financial Aid office for details on your particular case.
For all general questions please email email@example.com